Dear fellow members of the furry community,
We at NCAS have been monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation that is affecting the country, and we would like to reassure you that we are watching the situation closely and are following all recommendations from sources such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
It is important that we all take part in the effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Here are the steps we are taking.
Actions NCAS is taking
We still plan on holding our convention, Bewhiskered, from October 02-04, 2020. Our staff will continue to monitor the situation closely, and work with the hotel staff to ensure the safety of all members. In the event that it becomes unsafe to hold the convention at that time, we will postpone the convention to a later date.
Effective immediately, all other in-person events have been postponed. They will resume once it is safe to do so!
What Will Happen if Bewhiskered is Postponed
- We will announce any decision immediately via this website, our social media accounts, and our Telegram channel and chat group.
- We will begin working on selecting a new date with the hotel. This date will likely be in 2021.
- All memberships purchased for the original date will be transferred to the new date automatically. In addition, the refund deadline will be pushed back to meet the new date.
- Should you be unable to attend Bewhiskered at the new date, you may:
- Request a refund of your hotel deposit, if you have reserved a room, by contacting the hotel directly.
- Request a full refund of your membership, in accordance with the BWS refund policy.
- Request a partial refund of your membership (full refund minus processing fees).
- Donate your membership to the organization.
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- North Carolina Department for Health and Human Services
Please use the above links to help educate yourself on the virus, knowledge is power!
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Loss of taste or smell
*If you develop these symptoms and/or if they worsen, please seek medical attention.
Actions you can take
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap. This is more effective than hand sanitizer alone. Hand sanitizer is good for temporary use while in public.
- Avoid touching your face, especially while in public places.
- Avoid gathering in public places.
- The virus is best spread via respiratory droplets. Distances of 3-6ft and under have increased risk for transmission. Time is also a factor.
- Cough into one’s elbow.
- Reduce travel if able.
- Most importantly, if sick, stay home. Seek medical help.
We encourage you to follow recommended best practices for social distancing. We know these are difficult times, but our goal is to see everyone remain healthy and happy. As always, this wonderful community is here for anyone that needs help or support.
Phillip Mills RPH (DocFoxJT/Checkers)