Dear fellow members of the furry community,
We at NCAS have been monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation that is affecting the country, and we would like to reassure you that we are watching the situation closely and are following all recommendations from sources such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
It is important that we all take part in the effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Here are the steps we are taking.
Actions NCAS is taking
Effective immediately, all planning for in-person events in the short-term has been postponed. We are evaluating organizing digital events in the interim. Stay tuned for more information!
Our October convention, Bewhiskered, is currently set to occur as planned. We anticipate the situation will improve before October and we will continue to monitor the situation. If there are any changes we will notify you.
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- North Carolina Department for Health and Human Services
Please use the above links to help educate yourself on the virus, knowledge is power!
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
*If you develop these symptoms and/or if they worsen, please seek medical attention.
Actions you can take
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap. This is more effective than hand sanitizer alone. Hand sanitizer is good for temporary use while in public.
- Avoid touching your face, especially while in public places.
- Avoid gathering in public places.
- The virus is best spread via respiratory droplets. Distances of 3-6ft and under have increased risk for transmission. Time is also a factor.
- Cough into one’s elbow.
- Reduce travel if able.
- Most importantly, if sick, stay home. Seek medical help.
We encourage you to follow recommended best practices for social distancing. We know these are difficult times, but our goal is to see everyone remain healthy and happy. As always, this wonderful community is here for anyone that needs help or support.
Phillip Mills RPH (DocFoxJT/Checkers)