Something Wild - A trip to the Conservators Center
NCAS is proud to present our first event: Something Wild - A trip to the Conservators Center!
The Conservators Center, Inc. (CCI) is an educational nonprofit based in North Carolina that is dedicated to providing a specialized home for carnivore species. Attendees will receive a tour of the residents (fluffy animals) provided by the CCI staff. Join us after the tour for a holiday party hosted by NCAS. Drinks and snacks will be provided; please feel free to bring a dish of your own to share! We'll also be playing some holiday themed games! Yay!
Have a tacky holiday sweater you want to break out and show off? Then you should participate in our tacky Holiday Sweater contest! You’ll be able to show off your tackiest Holiday sweater, and win prizes in the process! The top 3 winners will be awarded prizes! If that doesn't get you excited, we don’t know what else will.
But that's not all! After our tour and holiday party, our friends in the area, the Triad Furs, will be hosting their annual holiday party at the Speakeasy Tavern in Greensboro. You will need to register for this event separately, but they have graciously invited all NCAS members to come party with them! The event will be catered, and have a full bar & bartender.
Sound fun? Everything you need to know can be found below!
- 12:45-01:00 PM EST - Arrive and begin checking in with NCAS and CCI. We recommend coming early to help the registration process go smoothly.
- 01:00-02:00 PM EST - Tours. Please note we may be split up into separate tours by CCI if our group is large enough.
- 02:00-3:30 PM EST - NCAS holiday party and social at CCI.
- 02:00-03:00 - Food, games, and fun.
- 03:00-03:30 - Tacky sweater contest.
- 04:00-10:00 PM EST - Triad Furs holiday party.
You will need to register to participate in this event. CCI requires tour participants to fill out a tour waiver. You can fill out the waiver in-person or online.
Registration DOES NOT include entry to the Triad Furs Holiday Party. Keep reading for information on how to sign up for their event.
- Registration is available on RegFox.
- Deadline to register for Something Wild: 11:59 PM on December 15th.
- Refunds are not available after registration closes.
Voting Member Registration
If you are a voting member, please check the voting member Telegram chat for additional details.
Triad Furs Holiday Party (Separate Registration Needed)
- Date: December 21, 2019.
- Time: 04:00 - 10:00 PM.
- Location: The Speakeasy Tavern, 1706 Battleground Ave. Greensboro, NC 27408.
- Website: http://speakeasytavern.com/.
- Deadline to register for the Triad Furs Holiday Party: December 15 at 11:59 PM.
This is a catered holiday party presented by the Triad Furs. They have the back patio and upstairs sofa lounge reserved for the event and will be doing a white elephant gift exchange. Gifts must be suitable for all audiences and in the $5-10 range. You and a +1 are welcome. This event and venue are fursuit friendly! We encourage all of you to support our friends over in the Triad, eat some tasty food, and have a good time!
IMPORTANT REMINDER: This is a separate event hosted by the Triad Furs directly after Something Wild concludes. As such, you will need to complete a separate registration. If you participate, you will be subject to the Triad Furs terms of service and code of ethics. There is no attendance fee or catering fee, but you must cover your own bar fees.
How to register for the Triad Furs Holiday Party
Is this event fursuit friendly?
Fursuits are not recommended on the CCI tour. The NCAS holiday party and Triad Furs holiday party are fursuit friendly!
Where is the Conservators Center (CCI) located, and how do I get there?
What do I need to bring or prepare for the event?
- Fill out the tour waiver in advance to save time.
- Wear good shoes - the tour path is gravel and is expected to be about 3/4 mile.
- Wear warm clothing - we will be outside for about an hour in late-December.
- Event is rain or shine - bring rain gear if rain is forecast.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
The Animal Park is not wheelchair accessible; however, accessibility accommodations are available for visitors with mobility issues. Please notify NCAS in advance if accommodations are needed.
Where do I park at The Conservators Center (CCI)? What do I do once I've gotten there? Where are we meeting up?
There is plenty of parking available in front of the gift shop/conference center building. We are meeting up on the deck of that building. If you enter through the gift shop you should be able to find us.
Is the Triad Furs Holiday Party included in my registration?
No. The Triad Furs party is hosted by a separate organization and requires registration on the Triad Furs meetup group.